Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Latest Letter to the Editor

I understand that Jonah Goldberg wants a president that governs from the pretty far right.  What I don't understand is where he got the idea that the current president maybe would.  In Wednesday's column he concludes that President Obama's nomination of former Senator Chuck Hagel to head the Defense Department is "out of spite."  Apparently the idea that Sen. Hagel was selected because he shares the president's views on foreign policy and military matters hasn't occurred to him?

Goldberg criticizes the nomination because, he says, "Hagel is loathed, with ample justification, by many foreign policy hawks, Israel supporters and neocons."  Well maybe those are the right people to be 'loathed' by.  After all, it was 'foreign policy hawks and neocons' that got us into our current messes, including fiscal, and there are many 'supporters of Israel' who favor the approach championed by the current administration.  We the People elected Barack Obama for a number of reasons, and his more reasoned approach to foreign relations is a large one of them.  Sorry Jonah.

7 comments:

  1. Not so far. Today they did someone else's rebuttal of the same column so maybe it won't. If it doesn't I'll be zero for my last two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my info on my facebook name? If the guy in the picture isn't a white haired handsome suit wearing wine glass holding awsome man, you didn't find me yet. I left the info a few days ago but deleted it. Did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, never mind, I think I just found you in my 'friends' list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So post the "kill anything that moves" piece. People need to see it.

    ReplyDelete